LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Monday 12 July 2010

Sarah Martina inspires me endlessly


Hello!

I'm such a huge fan of Sarah Martina Parker and I'm constantly left breathless by her ridiculously beautiful cards.

Her recent post on the colour throwdown (http://sarahmartina.com/blog/2010/07/08/color-throwdown-100-clear-and-simple-stamps/)
inspired me to make this card.

I'm really happy with it, more so than I've been with anything else I've made recently...or ever, so thank you Sarah!!!
I'm so glad to feel happy with something I've made, my mojo has REEEEALLY been waning lately. I might maker her blog my homepage :) Beautiful things every time I open my laptop--yes please!!!


Here are the specs...
*Hero Arts Friends definition stamp, inked with Chalk inks from Colour queue in ocean & olive, with a little Walnut Stain Distress Ink on the edges.
*Olive green lace from local $1 store!!
*Brown Ribbon, chinese coin & Household String from stash.
*Tim Holtz Movers & Shapers Alterations die, run through the bigkick with Swiss Dots embossing folder.
*White alphabet stickers (name lost!!), inked with same colourbox queue chalk inks.
*Prima flower
*Bling from Simonsaysstamp.com

*Espresso Bazzil Cardstock



Hope you like!! Thanks for looking :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I must say that she definitely belongs in a catagory all her own...I was not familiar with her but will be following from now on! The card that you did inspired by her is absolutely beautiful. If she's not careful she is going to have competition! Thanks for sharing!

stampinjane@yahoo.com

linda said...

Linda,
This card is just beautiful. You are so talented!

Virginia L. said...

Stunning card with beautiful details! So glad that you were inspired and make this your own! Congrats on being featured in Hero Arts Twitter!! (on the blog page, right hand side bottom corner) Way to go, Linda!

Sarah Martina said...

Wow Linda! You are right for being SO happy with this card, because it's absolutely gorgeous! And I love your $1 store lace! (That's where I get some of mine, too!) Thank you for your kind words... I can't wait to see what you make next!