LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Monday 27 September 2010

Love for Nichol Magouirk and a layout!

Hello again!

I've tried and tried and TRIED to get to the computer this week but life just got in the way, you know?! Actually I hate that saying, that 'life gets in the way'...it's LIFE!!! It can't possibly be in the way because without it, there'd be no 'way' to get in the way of!! (this is getting confusing...)
How about...hmmm... I just never quite got here. That's better isn't it?!

Ok anyhow, just a quickie, I've got a layout for you tonight. I know!! An actual LAYOUT!!

I don't think I've discussed here, the level to which I am currently O-B-S-E-S-S-E-D with Nichol Magouirk. I mean, if I could, I would LITERALLY sit in a tree outside her studio window just to watch her work--and I don't mean that in the scary stalker way, I mean that in the I-would-take-notes-of-every-single-thing-she-did kind of way. I already do that with her blog and videos, so this would just be the next step :)

It's a love-affair more than it is an obsession, but the love affairs of the old black and white movies-the ones you know are going to last forever; not the modern day romances that just seem to be too flippant. I'm talking L-O-V-E. I just sigh every time I see something else she's made...and then I rapidly click on my bookmarked link to the a2z store and I start ordering EVERYTHING I've just seen her use lol!

Anyhow, this is the layout she did that inspired me;you can find the post on it HERE-- but before you look at her blog, just send me a note to say goodbye, coz once you've seen her work, you aint comin' back here! lol .

See what I mean?! It's just ...gorgeous. There was another layout she made that I had in the back of my mind when I was putting this together too, but I can't find it on her blog. She updates nearly every day so there is a LOT of gorgeousness to scroll through.

So here is the layout I did:
A few points of 'interest' on what I did:
  • The Hero Arts banner stamp is inked with Peeled Paint, Mustard Seed, Fired Brick, Wild honey and Tumbled Glass Distress inks (I saw Nichol do this in a post and it just looked too amazing not to try).
  • I don't have any cute cloud paper, so I made my own with Hero Arts Soft Pool Shadow Ink and Hero Arts Clouds Background stamp.
  • I used a uniball white gel pen to make a dashed line/'faux-stitching line' around the outside of the blue cardstock.
  • I set 2 small eyelets on either side of the central strip of cardstock to thread the twine through, I love this effect. The button which is attached to the little heart that sits on the thread has a knot of the same twine, but was attached seperately (TOO hard to do it all as one piece!!).
  • The journalling reads:
    I love this little face so much> I call it "the are you still there mum?" face. Even when you're sitting on my lap, you still look around to check if I'm still there. I love that you like me near, that you still need me. Your curiosity about the world and everything aroudn you is increasing, but you still like to know that mummy is nearby.
Here are a couple of close-ups so you can see what I've done.
this is a shot of the journalling which I printed out onto vellum paper so you can still see the patterned paper behind it. The foam hearts are from American Crafts. I have no idea if they're still even available. The title lettering is cut out using my Cricut and the A.C Fabric thickers called "Patchwork" *LOVE THESE!*


It's hard to see here but I've created two tabs using yellow cardstock and some leftover paper from the cloud background I stamped (Hero Arts Soft Pool Shadow Ink and Cloud Background Stamp)

I like how the AC foam hearts give so much dimension and interest without actually adding much bulk.


Well that's it!! I'm sorry I didn't link over to the a2z store like I normally do for my products but I'm super-tired tonight.

I'll talk to you all soon! Hope you liked :)

thanks so much for popping over :)

No comments: