LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Tuesday 23 November 2010

stuff,...

Hello hello!!!

This is just going to be a SUPER fast post today, 4 things to talk about...


1. Thank you all so much for your support of this blog. Having a sudden voice coming back from the audience (so to speak) makes it so much more fulfilling to be creating these things and posting them.  There truly are times when I've thought "Linda, NOONE is looking, just give up now!" but to have so many of you post comments and thoughtful encouragement over the last couple of weeks has been truly inspiring and it's really helped me find my mojo.

2.  The giveaway winner will be announced VERY soon. I'm having some trouble with the stupid blogger account. It's showing up as 49 followers, but I can only get 48 names...hmmmmm, If anyone has signed up to be a follower anonymously, please email me or leave a comment below this post so I can see if your name is the one missing.

3. I've decided I AM going to do the December Daily Christmas album that Ali Edwards is 'doing' on her blog. She's amazingly good at what she does. It's a lovely mixture of digital and 'real' crafting and I love the concept of really focussing on EVERY day of the Christmas season. I think I'll do 31 days though instead of 25, because my birthday is on the 29th December--and it just wouldn't be right to miss out on THAT would it?! lol

4. I've come up with and am in the middle of creating what will be (if it works out how it looks in my head) a truly GORGEOUS squeal worthy advent calendar...IF it works...which it had better! I'm employing Isabella's help with this one a bit, so I'm having to let go of my need to have colours coordinate and everything stay 'in the lines' because I really want to record her abilities etc at this stage in her life. It's her 3rd birthday on Thursday (Saturday we're going to see the Wiggles Live...she'll have a HEART attack lol) and she's SO smart and sooooooo on to me. Man, I can't get a thing past her lol. She keeps me on my toes.  Anyone who says being a stay at home mum is boring, is either without children or just has an easy kid...I however, am not one of those people :) I love it all (although it would be nice for her to acquiesce on ONE meal a day or ONE activity, but hey...I'm stubborn as a mule so I guess it's my come-uppance!!)

There really was something else...what was it?!?!?

OH! Go over to the a2z blog IMMEDIATELY (after finishing this sentence :)) and sign up to be a follower there, we are having an OUTSTANDING giveaway--it will help you to finish all your christmas cards in one go, or if you've already got some of the things we're giving away, they'd make perfect christmas gifts for someone special. 

All week we'll be having great specials, games, prizes etc etc to celebrate Black Friday, so get to it!! Get clicking over there!

Anyway, I'll have more pics etc of my current projects soon...here's one or two of Isabella and Charlotte at a recent family event.  It celebrates children who are turning either 3, 5 or 7 (it's a Japanese tradition).
showing the back of her gorgeous little kimono

lol despite their expressions, they were both having a lovely time lol!

lighting candles and saying  a prayer to ancestors. With her cousin  (my nephew) Daniel.

Now let it be said, I HATE things on baby's heads, ribbons, bows etc...or at least I did...Look at those cute 'little' thighs!! CUTE!!

talk to you soon lovelies and thanks again so much for the support

Linda xoxo

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh what an expression on that cute little face!!!!

sideoats + scribbles said...

Awwwww, so cute!!!!!!

Can't wait to see your Ali E album! I've always wanted to try and do it with her, she rocks!

Happy Thanksgiving hugs to you!