LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Wednesday 26 October 2011

Hello Hexagons

Hi again!!

I'm  here with another card :)

This one is card number 2 for Jay Gee's colour inspiration challenge. Just look at this palette!!



I recently purchased this Sizzix die after seeing Jennifer McGuire use it in her Inspiration Showcase class
Ummm. I am in love :)

So here is my card

The colours are showing up a bit strangely in this photo, it's actually very pastel (not such bold hues). It matches the colour inspo chart PERFECTLY (which is rare!)

The papers are from the Echo Park 6x6 paper pad and one of the sheets (the dark teal grid pattern) is from October Afternoon's Fly A Kite collection.

Very simple to put together so I wont bore you with the details!

The butterflies were cut with a Martha Stewart punch and then I  did embossed resist technique using Hero Arts Background stamps in : Music, Woodgrain, Friendship Definition and Swirl. I then inked over the Colorbox chalk inks to match the colour palette.

For a final touch I added the sentiment which is from the Hero Arts/Studio Calico Hooray stamp set and added some pearls to the butterflies and sentiment strip.

That's all folks!!

I'll be back tomorrow to share some Christmas Cards with a twist that I've made!!

Speak to you soon!!

As always, I'd love to hear from you.

*hugs*

Linda xx

1 comment:

Jay Gee said...

The hexagon patchwork looks so good Linda, as does the embossing on the butterflies. Thanks so much for joining us again :)