LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Friday 21 October 2011

Hero Arts Christmas Card

Hi all!

Just a quick one tonight, it's been ages since I've played with my Hero Arts stamps, or entered one of their challenges, so I thought I'd give it a go!

Tonight I'm showing you a Christmas card for their October Challenge, "Using non-holiday stamps to create holiday card".

This card is Hero Arts HEAVY!!

Here is my card:
 Using the Studio Calico/Hero Arts "Hooray" stamp set, I stamped the 'flags' (or trees!) in Black Staz On ink.
Next I spritzed some Studio Calico Mr Huey's (Piglet, Bonny Blue and Lemonade) mists onto my craft sheet and painted the trees with the ink.  
Next I dusted some Perfect Pearls over the top to give shine (you can see below).


Then I stamped the clouds images (same stamp set) in Versamark and heatset with Hero Arts white embossing powder. I then inked gently over the top with Tumbled Glass Distress ink.

For the 'grass', I cut a strip of My Minds Eye paper (from the Stella and Rose collection) and then tore along one edge to give a more natural 'hill' shape. I inked the edges with Bundled Sage distress ink.
Then I adhered the pieces down to the cardstock and added small strips of Hero Arts Kraft envelope as the tree trunks (I had extra envelopes lying around!)
Even the sentiment is 'non-christmas'!! I used theHero Arts CL272 All occasions Messages set. (The sentiment seemed extra appropriate as it's always so hot here at Christmas time in Australia! lol). I used Jenny Bowlin Seed Packet ink for the sentiment.

Finally I added some gemstones and bakers twine and adhered the whole piece to the front of a white card using dimensional adhesive squares. 

For an added little piece of interest, I scored the card twice at the bottom (below the sentiment) just to give an added something. I love this technique and will be using it a LOT from now on.

Hope you all like it!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

See you soon xx

Linda

2 comments:

Joy said...

Super cute Linda, love that you used all non Christmas stamps...hugs

Anonymous said...

So very cute and feels like a warm Christmas day down under!