LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Saturday 4 February 2012

Project Life Weeks 1-4

Hi!

I had planned to bring you weekly posts of Project Life, but January just didn't work that way, so we'll see what February throws at me :) I will attempt it.

I'm not going to go into massive detail overall because SO SO many people are doing Project Life. I'm far from the most inventive or ingenious at it, but I'm happy with what I've done and my children will have something to look at when they're grown.

This year I'm taking quite a different approach to how i completed the album last year. Last year I tried to keep up almost daily. It didn't work. The overall album lacks visual cohesion, there isn't much 'craftiness' in it. (If you know what I mean). Its still going to be an amazing keepsake for years to come, but I wanted this years' to be much more crafty/artistic (whatever word you choose).

I've been watching how Michelle Wooderson does hers and my goodness are there some amazing pages there!! She really is an incredibly talented woman!  This year I've also found a few other amazing artists who have very different styles but I'm still so inspired.

Anyhoo, here are the pages I've done. I'll be including closeup pics of anything I feel warrants 'special attention'.

Week 1

week 1

In this spread you can see several receipts. One is just for groceries (how interesting it will be to know the price of goods in twenty years time!), one for postage (i had to send my vacuum cleaner back to be fixed) and also the receipt for my paying Isabella's enrollment fee into Kindergarten--something normally I would have thrown away, but a special piece of ephemera from a big occasion.

To make one of the journalling cards fit the content better, I 'personalised' it, using Papertrey ink stamps.

wk1_a

Week 2
(left side)
Project Life Week 2

Here is a closeup of a journalling card I stamped to customise it for the event''. It's fun little pieces like this one that make Project Life yours. I'm remembering to put my own mark on every page this year, rather than worrying about capturing every single day individually and missing the chance to play wtih the layouts a bit more.

(right side)

week 2 single page
 
this entire right side is devoted to a wedding we went to. It was such a special occasion!

Some Hero Arts and Lawn Fawn stamping to customise :)

Week 2 closeup


Week 3 

I must admit, I'm not as happy with this two page spread as I'd like to be. The two sides don't match as I'd first intended them to (I ended up moving a few things around) but anyway, moving on!!

week 3

Week 4 (left side)

Week 4 closeup

By the time I made this spread I was finally feeling in the swing of Project Life. I'm so so happy wtih these two pages :)
I spent the week reading The Hunger Games trilogy, (which, by the way, are AMAZING). I went onto google images and saved a copy of each of the books' covers. Using a Pink Paislee template, I placed them into the one 4x6 space and printed them out as you see here.
The top right hand side is using an Ali Edwards 4x6 layer. I simply added a text box (and the journalling) and then altered the outline colour to suit the page.
The chair on the left is a Hero Arts one that I paper pieced using Basic Grey Picadilly paper.
The bottom left is another Pink Paislee template (which split the 4x6 space into two). I then dropped a quote I saw on Pinterest recently that I loved, into the left space, on the right I simply changed the background colour and added a couple of Ali Edwards digital overlays (sentiments). *love*

(Right side)


Some more customising on this page (yay!)
The date insert is just a white piece of cardstock stamped with Papertrey Ink Basic Backgrounds stamp repetitively in Red chalk ink from Hero Arts.
Ali Edwards Technique Tuesday stamps make another appearance on the right hand inserts.

The central images are pictures Izzie and Charlotte drew for me (too cute not to include!)

The bottom row is just a business card I cut down to size, adhered onto a journalling card and then I added a Papertrey Ink cupcake stamp :) The photo collages were done using Diptick on my iPhone.

Well!! That's it for me PHEW! *are you still awake*?!

I'll aim to bring you just one two page spread each week from now on in.

I'll be back soon with some cards to share with you!

Thanks so much for stopping by :)

*hugs*

Linda x

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is going to be such a great keepsake! Your pages look wonderful! :)

debby4000 said...

Oh I think this is brilliant, some girls at my crop are making something very similar but I've never seen a finished page. Seeing everything together I think I would like to try something like this.
luv
Debby