LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Friday 2 November 2012

ABNH Challenge

Hi there!

Here with another ABNH challenge that starts today!

 So here's the thing. Sometimes (a lot of times) there's a product that comes out and you just go crazy for it. You MUST have it, you covet it. And you wait for it to arrive, then finally DING-DONG the delivery man plays Santa and brings you your goodies. you use them constantly for about a week...then they get put away.

Fast forward a few months (or maybe more) and those goodies (be they stamps, inks, whatever) are practically forgotten. Those that you COVETED, are now the mundane 'things' that fill up your craft space.

Well no more!! I've started a big clean-up of my craft area, and I'm getting rid of (donating or gifting or GIVING AWAY HERE ON MY BLOG *cough*) some items that have either only been used once or (*gasp*) never.  My thought process is, that if I have less, I'll be able to SEE what I do have better. And I Might actually USE IT!! (who'd have thought, eh?!)

This stamp and die set is one of those that I loved and then forgot. 

I just loved it to pieces when it first came out. I literally STALKED the post man for when he'd deliver it to my greedy little hands. And then I did what I said. I used it for EVERYTHING, for about two weeks and then it got lost in the other stuff.

NO MORE! This baby still is one of my favourites, so I vow to use it more.

So here she is in all her glory :)



I stamped the flower 6 times in Red Royal mid-tone ink, and then diecut it out. I stamped it again using Green Hills mid-tone ink, onto some green patterned paper from the Basic Grey PB&J 6x6 paper pad, and diecut THOSE.

Then I cut apart the green ones, to make them into leaves.

See here?

The rest of the card is pretty self explanatory really, Background stamp in white colorbox ink, onto Neenah kraft cardstock (sigh. so pretty),. White around the edges, sentiment from Hero Arts using Black Versafine ink.
I adhered the flowers using dimensional adhesives then added stickles.

For the leaves I rolled them with my finger so they'd stand up off the card at the tips, while the 'centre' of them was glued down. This helps them to look more like leaves than green petals ('coz that wouldn't make sense)

That's it!

to see the rest of the DT's great projects, hop over to the blog!

Don't forget to enter what you make too! We love seeing what you create :)

Let me know what you think...

*crafty hugs*

Linda xxx

15 comments:

Greta said...

I love this card! Very clever how you made the leaves! Hope to enter the challenge.

Lynnda said...

I love the card its so pretty!!! hugs...xoxo

Leslie Hanna said...

HAHAHA! This sounds like a post I'd write. I LOVE how you stamped the flower onto patterned paper for the leaves. Why can't I ever remember to do that?!?!?!

I may or may not have a pile of things I coveted and had to have but have yet to see ink. *cough*

Froggietalks said...

Great card! I hope to find time to enter this challenge :)

Cecilia Hsieh said...

Lovely card. Fortunately for me, I don't have a lot of stamp sets.... yet! But I seem to have collected a whole shoebox full of 6x6 papers!! I need to order more....
Hope Santa gives me a SSS voucher :)

Anonymous said...

I love the combination of the kraft paper and the cheery red sparkly red flowers.
Just found your blog from the Little Tangles Blog Hop. Love this card!

maria f. said...

So clever and beautiful result.

Michelle Y said...

Love this! Great idea with the leaves

Michelle Y said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hmmm..wouldn't have thought to use this die set for a Christmas card..Brilliant. I am going to have to go stalk mine, LOL

http://visionsofpaper.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Linda, I know it's been awhile since you "returned" to the blogging world, but I have to tell you I am thrilled to see more posts from you. You always manage to use products in such interesting ways (I never would have thought to use flowers to make a wreath...but it's gorgeous). I'm a huge fan!

Mary-Anne V said...

Ha your story about forgetting your stash made me laugh b/c its just like me. Love the wreath you made with the flowers...very original.

Unknown said...

Linda this is just FAB. So unexpected to see a Christmas card out of this. You are a freaking genius!

I too stalked Hero for this set for months as it was all sold out. i think i have used it twice. You have made me decide it must be pulled and used. Thanks love.

Renee V said...

Word for word you described EXACTLY how I feel about 'must-have' products, and the attention they get once I've played with them a few times!!!! Anyway, have to say this card is amazing..the leaves are just brilliant!

Unknown said...

Linda, I loved your card so much I just CASED it and am so happy with the results!!! Thanks for helping me out with your beautiful inspiration!!!