LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Friday 30 November 2012

Neat and Tangled on Moxie Fab!

Hi there!

Some exciting news to share today, Neat and Tangled has been given Moxie Fab World's Stamp of Approval!

As you know, I'm totally in love with all of the gorgeous stamps that Danielle has created, so it's always such a pleasure for me to make projects with them!

Today the DT and I are making tags to go along with this exciting occasion!

Here's mine:


I went a bit mixed media with this one. OK the how to's:

I took a shipping tag and "adhered" some vintage text print over the top of it using Multi Matte Medium.
Then I smeared, swiped, painted and smudged some Copper coloured paint (from an OLD paint dabber)over the top. Once that was heat set, I added a few smears of Picket Fence Distress stains.

I heat set all of that too.

Then I cut the tag shape out (up until this point, I'd left the vintage book print page whole, just stuck on top of the tag. I wanted to play a bit before I trimmed it up)

Next I stamped the gorgeous flower from Fresh Blooms using Staz On around the tag,  heat set that, added a doily with more Multi Matte Medium and guess what?! Heat set that!  I added some more flowers and the swirls from Fresh Blooms.

On a separate scrap of Neenah cardstock, I stamped the flower again and some leaves, before Copic-colouring them and cutting them out. I adhered them all down to the tag, then added some diamond stickles to the flowertop. Gah it's so gorgeous in real life.

I added the sentiment and the ribbon (from Mossy Made) through the top hole, and I set about embellishing the tag.

Some washi tape, more Mossy Made ribbon made into a scrunched-line, and some Lawn Fawn twine (LOVE) and I finished up using a pin from Basic Grey and a gemstone for the centre of the flower.

For the final 'flourish' (Coz clearly this tag needed more LOL) I added some black paint around the very edge of the tag to give it a nice border.

It's all very rough and fun, there was NO stress in creating this tag, no perfection required--and I love it! I'll be doing more tags like this I think! So fun to just play without the worry.

Hope you'll pop over to the Neat and Tangled Blog to check out the rest of the DT's work! Their projects are amazing as always!

See you again soon--thanks so much for joining me!

Linda xx\




2 comments:

Unknown said...

GORGEOUS!!!

Libby Hickson said...

Oh be still my beating heart - this is GORGEOUS! Love it. :-)