LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Tuesday 5 February 2013

SOS CHallenge 88! Bling!

Hello!

I'm here with this week's Shopping Our Stash Challenge!

We want you to use some bling! Glitter, gemstones, perfect pearls etc etc. Have fun with it!

Here is my take:

 


Again I was inspired by the fun, fabulous cards over at Clean and SImple 2.

I heat embossed the hexagon background, then used my watercolour paints and had so much fun making this cardfront!

I then cut a strip out of the main panel about 2/3 of the way down and removed a little length, so that I could fit the sentiment. I stamped the sentiment onto the cardbase, and then adhered the painted panel, on dimensional adhesive.

For the shine component, I spritzed the entire piece with perfect pearl + water mix, then added some gemstones.

Hope you'll join us and play along this week!

See you again soon!

Linda x

4 comments:

Jessi Fogan said...

So, SO cool & shiny! I love the hexies, and how you coloured them - soft, fun, and funky all at once :)

Unknown said...

So pretty. I love the shine on it.

MS said...

gorgeous! I love that background :)

ScrappySandie said...

Love the soft, pastelly look...wish I could see that gorgeous embossing and spritzing better...I'm sure the photo does not do this card justice. But it IS gorgoeus!
Sandie