LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Tuesday 22 April 2014

Heartsy Mae

Hellooo!

I'm back with another fun card I made using Some Odd Girl stamps, and this time I also used Simon Says Stamp, and Neat and Tangled!

I saw THIS image on pinterest and really loved the pattern, so I thought I'd give it a try using Neat and Tangled On the Strip 2.

It was a LOT harder than I thought! To do it exactly like the cushion, you'd need to do a lot of masking, to ensure that the lines went 'under and over' appropriately. It'd take a LOT of planning too. So I just had a couple of test runs, then gave it a go 'for real'. I'm happy with the result!

The card uses Heartsy Mae for the main image (ain't she lovely?!) and Simon Says Stamp Sketchy Banner Greetings


Her hair bled a little, because I was trying out a different cardstock to colour on (the Bazzill one), but I don't recommend it. Lovely for stamping and general use, but NOT for Copic Colouring.

That's it!

Hope you liked it!

Don't forget that if you sign up for the newsletter, you'll get sneaky peeks and news ahead of time!

http://www.someoddgirl.com/index.php/newsletter

















No comments: