LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Wednesday 11 June 2014

Cody and Cork



Hi friends!

I'm here today with a fun, MASCULINE (shocking, I know) card for you today.

I used my new Hipster Cody stamp, which is oh-so-cool and fun to colour in.

Take a look



I stamped him in Memento Tuxedo Black, and coloured him in with a mixture of Copic Markers and Spectrum Noir Markers.

I wanted his clothes to have a very vintage, worn feel, so I made sure to only leave a TINY bit of the darkest colour on each piece of clothing. I love that his trousers kinda look like well-loved corduroys.

I decided to try mixing up the colours a bit, I figure a hipster is happy to take risks with his fashion LOL.

That fantabulous cork piece is from Francheville, and I stamped the sentiment from Cody's set, straight on there. It looks super cool and textural in real life.

The background stamp is Hero Arts Evelope Background, and I added some Hero Arts black pearls. That washi tape is from somewhere, but I can't for the life of me remember where.

Finally I mounted the lot onto a black cardbase, leaving just a smidgen around the border showing.

That's it! I hope you like!

I'll be back again soon with more Some Odd Girl goodness, but for now, I'd love it if you left me some comment love--what's the most daring thing in your wardrobe? Can you pull off the Hipster look? (I know I can't lol)

See you soon!

Be sure to subscribe to our Youtube Channel for some fantastic tutorials, or check out the Pinterest boards--lots of cool inspiration there!


No comments: