LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Monday 20 April 2015

Flutterby Sparkles

Hi friends!

It's challenge time at the Art By Miran Challenge blog and I'm up with a pretty card using the adorable Flutterby image.


I printed the image at the size I wanted, then coloured her in using Copic Markers. I thought it would be fun to use an unusual haircolour and I'm so glad I did, I love this bright pink.

I then cut the panel she was on, out, but left a section as is, so that her wings and part of her hair 'flew' off the panel. I then, using foam tape, mounted that onto a black piece of card, which I'd heat embossed a sentiment onto.  This entire piece then went onto a larger strip of patterned paper from an old 6x6 Paper pad I had.

Finally I added all these layers, on top of a white notecard.

Because her hair was so vibrant, I tried to ensure I kept my colour palette to a minimum.  So as you can see I've actually really mainly used only three colours, but repeatedly; Yellows, Purples and Pink.

I hope you like it, and that you'll join us in the challenge! You could win!

See you soon


1 comment:

Kelly Latevola said...

I'm glad you made her hair pink too, so fun!!