LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Thursday 7 May 2015

Little Bird with Wplus9 and Hero Arts

Hi friends!

This month at A Blog named Hero, we're collaborating with the delightful

 

and its been so much fun. My first card is already up on the blog, but I thought I'd share with you here, how I made it, and the photo I used as inspiration for my colouring.

First up though, the card,








I'm pretty damn proud of this, I must say! I've never had much luck with no-line colouring but I'm very happy with this.


I googled a few images to find the colouring I wanted to work towards, and this was the one I chose;

Source
I stamped the bird in Soft Sand ink, so that it was barely visible, onto some Neenah Desert Storm Cardstock.  Then I used my Prismacolor pencils to do this, and made sure NOT to move in circles. I kept my movements to small flicks only, in order to get the feathers to look right.


I just kept going back over, adding more and more colour layers, in order to get a nice level of depth to his little feathers.

I then cut  the panel out using a stitched rectangle die (Lil Inkers) and then a mat slightly bigger, using a piece of blue layering paper, which I added a little Wink Of Stella glitter pen to.

I then took a piece of Neenah desert storm cardstock, folded it into a cardbase, and added some stamping using the same soft Sand ink, and the Hero Arts Herbs N' Honey Star background stamp.

To finish the card, I just adhered all the panels together and was done! I decided not to add a sentiment this time, because I wanted it to be more of a notecard that I could write a letter inside of, and I wanted the bird to really shine.

Hope you like it and will stop over at A Blog Named Hero to see the rest of the Design Team's creations!

See you soon!

Linda x

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Holy moly that is some amazing coloring and shading! Super realistic!! Great tips too to get that feather look.