LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Friday 1 May 2015

No Changes Needed

Hi friends

I'm over on the Art by Mi Ran blog today, with a card I had SO much fun making.

Here it is:



I coloured Punkette Peta in with my Prismacolour Pencils and didn't do any blending with a stump/solution this time. I wanted her to look hand-coloured and a teeny bit less than perfect. I gave her fun aqua fringe and some dark gothic eyeshadow.


I added some teeny strips of glitter card on either edge  and then took some aqua cardstock, that I churned through my paper crimper (THANKS LISA! xx) and I was done!

On the inside I stamped


I wanted something that referred to her less-than-mainstream appearance in a positive way (I think it's awesome to fly your freak flag!). I also left the sentiment on the inside because I love that corrugated card. I used corrugated because I thought it felt more industrial and suited her outfit (esp the chains etc on her clothes).  This sentiment is from a Kelly Purkey Stamp set.

 Ok that's it for me! Check out the Challenge blog for more inspiration!



1 comment:

Kelly Latevola said...

fly your freak flag! haha I love you :) This card is awesome!